Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Black and White with a Touch of Plaid

Like most women I love clothes, shoes, handbags and jewelry.  I'm always online window shopping at my favorite stores and eyeing items in catalogs and magazines.  I love designer and luxury items.  But sadly 98% of those items are always out of my price range.  Every once in awhile I'll get to splurge and buy an item I've been wanting for awhile (like my Coach and Michael Kors handbags).  And I love boutiques and I'll normally treat myself to a couple of new items from them every once in awhile.  So for me I have to shop smart and within my budget.  Which is why I love shopping at Maurices a lot.

I love that their clothes are on trend, affordable and look good on every body type and age.  From teenagers to middle age ladies, everyday casual to going to work; their clothes are appropriate.  I've been shopping there for the last several years and I am always happy with what I buy.  Plus trying on clothes in their fitting rooms always makes me feel like a Princess!  But one of the things I like best (and so does my bank account) is the fact they always have amazing sales going on.  Both online and in stores.  And on top of that they offer discounts (coupons and military) that you can add on top of a sale item.  A lot of stores won't do that.  On an average visit I can normally save enough money that I end up getting an item for free.  Seriously who can complain about that.

So that brings me to yesterdays outfit.  At a recent little shopping trip I saw this sweater and instantly fell in love with it.  I love the two tone and the length, which means I can wear it with leggings and jeans.  This sweater is so incredibly soft and warm.  It makes the perfect chilly Fall day or cold Winter's night cuddling outfit!  To break up the black and white look, I added this stars and plaid scarf that I also bought.  I decided to leave the loop long instead of doubling it up to give me a more elongated appearance (even though I'm 5'9 and really don't need to appear taller!).  I added my over the knee flat boots and this awesome satchel and called it a day.  This will definitely be a go to outfit during the colder months ahead!

So what is your go-to-budget-friendly store?

***










Get the Look at Maurices:

Boots/old (similar-similar)
Jewelry by Premier Designs

21 comments

  1. So pretty! Loving that sweater! I love anything B&W!

    <3 Shannon
    Upbeatsoles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love how black and white look together!

      Delete
  2. I just discovered Maurices and I really love it--I got a fabulous pair of leopard heels for a steal :) You look fabulous--loving the plaid scarf!!

    Tori
    FashionBlingGirlyThings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love when I can find a store that has great deals!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful outfit! Love the plaid scarf!
    xo, Jane
    http://www.fitfabfunmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the color blocking

    check me out

    xx
    Tyana
    theluxedition.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool look! I like your scarf and boots!

    jointyicroissanty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute! I always love how black, white, and red look together!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is an awesome mix - the B&W sweater with a plaid scarf is always a winner in my book!!!

    REbecca
    www.redtagchiclosangeles.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely touch of plaid, it is always good in my book. My budget friendly store is Foever21, their clothes are getting better and better to me. :))

    xx,
    Tania
    http://inspiremyfancy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't been to F21 in a long time! I'll have to check them out again :)

      Delete
  9. Cute outfit! Like your sweater and bag !
    Sily

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving that plaid scarf, so perfect for colder months!

    Cynthia
    Sensibly Sharp
    Find me at : bloglovin' | facebook | instagram

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments! Please follow along for more of my daily style!
xoxo - Beth

On Instagram

© Behind My Heels. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.