Friday, October 17, 2014

Preppy

This has got to be one of my new favorite Fall outfits.  I love my oversized sweaters and this new gingham print shirt from Target look so amazing together.  Since the top was baggy I wanted to give this outfit a little structure by pairing it with some skinny jeans.  Then to break up the black I added my plaid hobo bag and added some tan boots.  It keeps the preppy look together, but looks more up-to-date.

Lately I've been trying to incorporate pieces from seasons past and make them more updated.  I bought this handbag from Maurices years ago and haven't really been using it much.  But I just couldn't bring myself to parting with it.  Now I am so glad I didn't.  It's perfect and on trend again.  When I buy shoes I always try and buy them as classic, staple items.  That way I can wear them over and over again throughout seasons and they always fit right in.  So with each new piece I've been purchasing, I'm trying to bring some older pieces back to life.

What older piece in your closet have you brought back to life this season?

***










Gingham Top- Target (exact-similar)
Oversized Sweater- Blackbird Clothing/old (similar-similar)
Skinny Jeans- Maurices (exact)
Boots- DSW/old
Handbag- Maurices/old (similar)
Jewelry by Premier Design

12 comments

  1. You can never go wrong with gingham! (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Loving that plaid bag!

    <3 Shannon
    Upbeatsoles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great layering combo! I love the bag and shirt pattern mixing!

    Maggie
    www.PolishedClosets.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your purse is great for fall!!

    - Deniz
    www.dressedupdeniz.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your look <3

    Margo <3

    www.it-girlinitworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a cute outfit! Love the plaid shirt. I'm now following you via GFC, xx

    TRENDGALORE
    BLOGLOVIN

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute boots! I have the same plaid shirt from Target --love!

    xx
    Because I'm Obsessed

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments! Please follow along for more of my daily style!
xoxo - Beth

On Instagram

© Behind My Heels. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.