Sunday, October 5, 2014

Potluck Neutrals

Yesterday's outfit was all about mixing neutrals and trying to stay warm!  I had planned a baby shower and family potluck for some of my husband's co-workers at a local park.  Everything was set, people were excited and I spent the day before doing a lot of baking.  Then Mother Nature decided to throw some freezing cold weather our way.  Not just cold air, but some sleet and heavy winds too.  Everyone still had fun (and my husband was a hero for bring a space heater with us) but when I picked out my outfit I was looking more for warmth than anything else.

My main problem came is I wanting to wear several different pieces but they were all different neutral colors.  Normally I'll mix two neutrals together, but yesterday I ended up using greys, browns, blacks and whites.  I think it ended up a nice mix.  The grey beanie has been a newest addition to my accessories.  I normally don't wear hats (mainly because I think I look goofy in them), but I love these beanie hats.  It worked out perfectly too.  It gave my outfit a nice laid back look while keeping my hair in place (darn wind) and my head warm.

On my recent shopping trip to Maurices I picked up this amazing word scarf and I've been itching to wear it since.  I thought it really complimented my white piko top.  Paired with some jeggings and some rustic brown boots it all blended into a nice mix of neutrals.  Then just to add a pop of color and a little patterns into the mix I used my red plaid slouchy handbag.  All in all I was pretty happy with this combination.  And I love how it was my version of a "potluck" outfit!

***









Beanie- Target (exact)
Piko- Blackbird (exact-exact)
Jeggings- Maurices (exact)
Boots- Target (exact)
Handbag- Maurices/old
Scarf- Maurices/sold out (similar)
Lenny and Eva Cuff

***
I love to read your comments and hope you decide to follow along for more of my daily style.
xoxo - Beth

7 comments

  1. hi love! thanks so much for visiting my blog! I"m following you now as well!

    Love the outfit btw!

    www.theclosetcrush.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute back to basics look! Love the pop of color with the plaid bag.
    www.DressesandDenim.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute! I love your hat!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fan of the piko! So comfortable!
    -Hannah
    sweeterthanserenity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great to hear that you had a great day despite the weather, and that's a nice and comfy outfit to go with such a cold weather! :)

    - architecturalf.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments! Please follow along for more of my daily style!
xoxo - Beth

On Instagram

© Behind My Heels. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.