Saturday, October 4, 2014

Mixing Prints

I did it!  I actually mixed prints in an outfit and it turned out okay!  I love seeing how all my follow bloggers and fashionistas are mixing prints, but I've always been scared to.  Knowing my luck I'd turn out looking like a crazy person who can't dress themselves.

This past week I finally did a little bit of shopping at Maurices, which is one of my favorite stores.  One the pricing is good, two they always have a lot of sales and discounts that you can put together and three they tend to have some really great pieces.  It's been awhile since I stopped in there and while I was online-window shopping I had seen a few pieces that I really needed, um wanted!  This sweater was one of those buys.  I love how incredibly warm this is and it's pretty flattering on the body with the ways the lines form a V.

(link here)
Yesterday's outfit was inspired by a photo I had seen on Pinterest and just couldn't get enough of it (pictured left).  I love the V stripes, the leather leggings and just how put together this looks.  So when I found a sweater at Maurices that was pretty similar to it, I had to have it.

I've also been loving all the plaid this season and knew this handbag that I bought years ago would be right on point again this season.  I love the slouchy look of it and of course the red and black plaid.  I finally decided to take a risk and add the handbag along with my striped sweater.  And what do you know I loved the combination!

Who knows maybe next time I'll be even more daring and actually mix prints in my clothes instead of with accessories!  So thank you to all my fellow blogging ladies who have been posting mixed prints and showing me how to do it right!

 ***









Sweater- Maurices (exact)
Jeggings-Blackbird/old (similar)
Boots- DSW
Handbag- Maurices/old (similar)

***
I love to read your comments and hope you decide to follow my blog for more of my daily style.
xoxo - Beth

1 comment

I love to read your comments! Please follow along for more of my daily style!
xoxo - Beth

On Instagram

© Behind My Heels. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.