Sunday, September 27, 2015

Textures and Prints









This past weekend was great.  The weather was the perfect Fall temps and we got to spend a lot of family time together.  And since my husband loves car shows, we took a trip to a local town for their annual Mum Festival.  The kids love seeing all the spray painted mums in everyone's drive ways, the hubby loves the cars and I love seeing all the beautiful houses and window shopping!  And of course since we happened to be near one of my favorite boutiques and they just happened to be open late AND having a sale, I had to stop in!  I finally caved and bought the "famous" Fall Floppy Hat and this amazing black and gold zipper peplum blazer.  So keep an eye out on my Instagram feed and for future posts where I'll show those off!

This outfit was perfect for walking around a car show (shhh I did end up switching to flats since I didn't want my feet to get blistered from my high heeled sandals!).  By the end of the night I was so glad I decided to wear jeans and a 3/4 top!  I also like the little pop of leopard you see on my belt!  My husband don't understand how I could mix so many prints together, but I have to say I'm pretty happy with how far I've stepped away from my comfort zone.  I love mixing prints and textures together and I hope it comes across well matched instead of Jim Carey in Ace Ventura!  And of course I can't forget about my favorite tumbler from Starbucks!  As soon as I saw this gold ombre, I had to get it and then of course I had to monogram it!

Happy Monday!


 Top: Hazel and Olive (exclusive/sold out)
Jeans: Maurices
Shoes: Target (on clearance!)



10 comments

  1. The lace detailing with the stripes is such a great combination - wonderful outfit! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in love with those shoes! So cute! And I love the patterns mixed adorable! And since this is the first time I have visited your blog I thought I should mention how in LOVE I am with your layout. My room in my apartment is Black, white and gold. LOVE IT!

    Love Always,
    Elizabeth
    southernbeth.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe thank you! I'm obsessed with anything black-gold-white!

      Delete
  3. I'm so bad about mixing prints, but you are a pro! And how cute is your daughter?! :)

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your style and could easily move into your closet!!! Allison loves taking photos with me and even "models" who own outfits!

      Delete
  4. You don't happen to be talking about the Barberton Mum festival do you?! We were totally supposed to go but chickened out due to the over cast. haha. Love this casual look! Finally some cooler temps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure what the proper name was but it was in Tipp City. I love this top.. I've worn it several times but always forgot to take pictures!!

      Delete
  5. I’m in love with these photos, they all work together perfectly.


    http://www.pinkqueen.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. You and your daughter are adorable!

    Bethany
    Kiss Me Darling
    www.kissmedarlingblog.com

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments! Please follow along for more of my daily style!
xoxo - Beth

On Instagram

© Behind My Heels. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.