Monday, September 14, 2015

Fringe and Destroyed Denim










Whew!  I am so glad today is Monday, and that is a phrase I never thought I'd say.  But after the past 2 months I have been non stop going.  I've planned 3 socials, a membership drive, 2 birthday parties and a golden anniversary party.  On top of doing 2 craft shows and preparing for another.  So now that that is all finished I can finally sit back and relax for a little.  

I wore this outfit to my Aunt and Uncle's Golden Anniversary party yesterday.  Now before anyone passes out from the super casual look, we hosted their party at my parents house in their large barn.  It was a super casual/laid back event.  So I fit in perfectly.  But I also had a little ulterior motive, my dad and Uncle can't stand these jeans.  It blows their mind that I actually paid money for them!  But they are so incredibly comfortable and being who I am, I had to wear them just to torture them.  It was funny to see who liked them from each generation.  I had a few older couples who liked them and of course all my cousins around me age and younger loved them as well.

I recently picked up this cardigan from Maurices and it's going to be one of my go to pieces as the days get colder.  I love how incredibly soft it is and the fun fringe details along the front.  Topping it off with my favorite black boots and arm candy and I loved how casual, but well put together it looks.

Of course my daughter had to get in on the action.  She's been watching me every time my husband takes me photo so she wanted to model her outfit as well.  And yes she's already stealing my handbags!

Cardigan: Maurices
Black Piko
Boots: DSW
Accessories: Michael Kors, Lenny and Eva, Whispering Prayer, Chloe and Isabel, Premier Designs 


8 comments

  1. This might be my favorite look! Love that sweater!

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great look and how cute is your mini with her outfit :) xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! She loves when we take her photos too.. thought I'd add her to the blog every once in awhile!

      Delete
  3. Pshhh older folks just don't get the fashion struggle. (; We know we are paying money for destroyed things! (; Distressed is a thing. It's so funny to think back when we are 80 and wonder why we wore distressed clothing. Hey, I'm guilty too! (; LOVE the fringe on your sweater! Those long, cozy comfy ones are the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL They really don't! I kept telling them they could give me money to buy some new jeans, but they know me too well and told me I'd just spend it on more ripped jeans. Yup!

      Delete
  4. Love that sweater on you! Looks so cozy!

    xo Jen
    Skirt The Rules

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cardigan is gorgeous! I love it!

    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments! Please follow along for more of my daily style!
xoxo - Beth

On Instagram

© Behind My Heels. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.