Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Keeping Warm and Dreaming


Have you ever sat back and just smiled?  That's how I've been feeling lately.  2016 has already started out strong for me and my dreams are starting to become a reality.  For years I have been an avid fashion lover who loves boutiques.  I've found several that I truly love and think they are amazing.  And as the years have gone by my love of fashion has grown more and more.  I started dreaming of owning my own boutique, being able to personally choose what I want to carry, help others shop for just the right item and build a business that one day my daughter will hopefully take over.

After 3 years of wishing, dreaming and thinking about I'm so excited to make this turn into a reality.  With an amazing husband by my side, I have been working hard on finalizing my plans to open my own online boutique!  I know it won't always be sunshine and roses and that there will be a lot of hard work involved, but in the end I know it will all be worth it.  I wanted to share this amazing news with my fellow bloggers and I greatly welcome any help and advice you would like to share!


Now that winter has finally set in (and I'm already looking forward to it leaving) I've really been breaking out the layers.  And my blanket scarves have been my saving grace a lot lately.  Especially since I can bury my face in it while I'm outside!  But out of everything I'm wearing I have to gush over this tunic/dress.  On me it's more of a tunic since I'm tall, but even if it was a sweater I would still be obsessed with it.  First the color is a nice neutral so I can wear it with just about anything and secondly, its beyond soft.  Between how soft and warm it is I could probably wear this everyday!

Keeping my outfit neutral I paired it with a simple pair of skinny black jeans and these ultra soft OTK boots.  Sometimes you just need a simple color palette and some nice warm layers!








Tunic - Taylor Monroe (sold out) | Vest - Marshalls/similar/similar
Scarf - Merchant 31 (sold out)/similar
Jeans - Charlotte Russe | Boots - Hazel & Olive




5 comments

  1. Congrats girl! I cant wait to see the pieces in your online boutique! I absolutely love the color tunic! That rosey/ mauve shade is exploding in my closet lately! (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so cute, and a huge congratulations!!! I can't wait to see your new boutique!! How exciting :)

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice outfit! loving your OTK boots.
    Xo, Christianne
    Http://simplychristianne.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the scarf and the boots are gorgeous! xx

    http://www.adaliascloset.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute look! I love it! <3 <3

    Bethany
    Kiss Me Darling
    www.kissmedarlingblog.com

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments! Please follow along for more of my daily style!
xoxo - Beth

On Instagram

© Behind My Heels. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.