Monday, October 5, 2015

Weekend Update

 


 








Wow what a weekend!  If you follow me on Instagram (hummingbirdheels) then you've seen all the fun I've had!  Last Thursday my husband and I celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary.  I still can't believe that it's been 10 years!  Seriously time has flown by and I couldn't be any happier.  To celebrate we did something pretty much all weekend.  

My parents are amazing and took our kids Friday night, so we could have the weekend to ourselves.  Thursday we decided to play dress up, and put our wedding clothes back on.  For me I was thrilled and super excited that my dress still fit me!  After having 2 kids this was a huge ego boost and I loved seeing my husband in his uniform with his newer stripes on!  

Friday was sort of a laid back and rest up for the weekend type of day.  Saturday I was a bazaar that I helped host with the group I'm a part of.  I loved seeing all my friends there and meeting some new ones.  Plus I ended up buying this amazing new necklace from Premier Designs and even ordered this stunning bracelet from Chloe & Isabel.  I mean come on, it was my anniversary weekend!  After the bazaar we decided to go out and enjoy our classic date night.  Dinner and a movie (Black Mass.. and let's just say Johnny Depp was creepy!).  

Then to end our amazing weekend, my parents treated us out to a NFL Football Game: Bengals vs Chiefs.  My husband is a huge Chiefs fan, I'm not to into football, but for my husband I was happy to go.  Plus it was my first ever game and to make me feel special, he let me buy this amazing poncho and boots from today's ootd!  Talk about true love.

I love this outfit, but sadly I couldn't wear the poncho for too long.  Unlike Saturdays weather when it felt more like winter than fall, Sunday at the game (and sitting in the sun) it felt more like summer!  But I'm still in love with it.  This poncho is so insanely comfortable, and I like the fact that it has sleeves.  Unlike other ponchos where you arm are free, this one makes it feel more like an oversized sweater than just a poncho.  Now this necklace.  Talk about a statement piece, and I typically don't wear statement necklaces.  But at our bazaar I tried this on and ended up buying it!  It just really makes an impact and to mention it looks amazing with this poncho!

I hope y'all have a wonderful weekend!

 Poncho- Francesca's (exact)
Jeans- Charlotte Russe (exact)
Boots: Francesca's (exact)
Accessories: Premier Designs


11 comments

  1. i absolutely love your fringe poncho! such a cute look!

    xo brie
    www.sophistifunkblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sweater is fabulous on you - really love it! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the sweater and the necklace...you look beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy anniversary! 10 years is amazing!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Still can't believe it's been 10 years!

      Delete
  5. I totally need a poncho, you rocking this one makes me want to rush out and get one now. Until reading this I was convinced I couldn't wear one to work, and I try to keep my wardrobe multi-functional. This looks so put together and office appropriate! I'm pretty sure those are my favorite boots you've ever worn. The fold over detail is adorable.

    Glad you were able to have some adult time and see the Bengals. I've only been to Cincinnati once, forever ago. haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl I am obsessed with ponchos! I own 3 now and I still have my eye on a few more! They're so amazing!

      Delete
  6. Absolutely loving that poncho! So pretty! And happy anniversary!! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments! Please follow along for more of my daily style!
xoxo - Beth

On Instagram

© Behind My Heels. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.