Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Polka Dot Fun









I finally caved and jumped into the art of mixing patterns and textures and even buying my first tulle skirt (as an adult!).  The funny thing is I bought this skirt back in May because it reminded me of "I Love Lucy."  But I could never find a top that, in my head, matched.  I've always had a hard time mixing patterns that look good on me.  And I love seeing all my fellow bloggers and fashion icons pull off the tulle skirt.  For me I've always figured I'd look more like Jim Carey in Ace Ventura Pet Detective than Sarah Jessica Parker!  But once I bought this skirt I knew I had to make it work for me.

So after several months of pulling it out, playing with tops, trying it on and tossing it back in, I finally found the perfect top.  In comes my favorite chambray top.  I'm normally not a fan of wearing anything jean like above the waist, but after seeing how great this top is with virtually everything I decided to get it.  Needless to say I'm pretty proud of myself, trying new things out and growing my style!  So anyways after playing around one night trying to make the most of my wardrobe, without going broke for the new season, I decided to try these two items together.  At first I wasn't sure, something was missing, which is where the thick brown belt came in.  It just seemed like the perfect item to complete my outfit.

I kept everything else simple and basic since the skirt it's self is a statement.  But I love the playfulness along with how put together it looks.  Of course I had to add a little leopard to the mix!

What is one outfit combination you've put together that you swore you'd never wear?
Top and Skirt: Merchant 31
Shoes: DSW
Accessories: Premier Designs, Maurices, Whispering Prayer, Chloe & Isabel

6 comments

  1. What a fun way to dress up chambray!! I love the polka dot skirt!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Love that skirt. I'm such a huge fan of chambray tops, they look good with pretty much everything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still have never tried the pattern mixing thing. I just can't put the looks together in my head! But then I see how cute this, and it makes me want to try it!!

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. thats a beautiful skirt!! just found your blog. love it!
    XO Ellen from Ask Away
    www.askawayblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. The skirt has such cool texture; it looks great with the chambray!
    Nidhi
    An Unblurred Lady

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable outfit! Thanks for sharing!

    Bethany
    Kiss Me Darling
    www.kissmedarlingblog.com

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments! Please follow along for more of my daily style!
xoxo - Beth

On Instagram

© Behind My Heels. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.