Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Pop of Pink











I love the days when I have a reason to get all dolled up.  Being a stay at home mom, there aren't a lot of days where I can super dressy.  Granted I'm not your typical stay at home mom, I love to get dressed with full makeup and jewelry even if all I'm doing that day is cleaning the house or running errands.  It's just something that makes me feel good about myself, plus I just love to be girlie.  So when I was able to wear this outfit I was beyond excited.  The club I'm apart of (where I'm the social chair) hosted our first membership drive and we decided to theme it as a Welcome Brunch.  Of course I'll find any excuse to dress up and I used this one.  I may have been more overdressed than others, but the saying goes: "You can never be overdressed or over educated."  Plus it's always a little bit of an ego boost when you see others do a double take when they see you!

Now this outfit is an oldie.  I've never worn this combination before, because like I've said in the past I was always afraid to try new things.  But since I've been breaking out I decided to try my hand.  At first glance you'd think this was a dress, when it's really 3 pieces.  My best friend gifted me with this bandage skirt (I've been wanting one for a long time), and I added a black cami along with bright pink top.  Originally I left it untucked until I realized it looked frumpy, but once it was tucked it it just made it look more put together.  

 All of these items are older but check out these similar items:
Skirt: Dainty Hooligan
Heels:

Accessories: Michael Kors, Whispering Prayer, Chloe & Isabel


3 comments

  1. Honestly I thought you took a LBD and layered a crop over it! But hey, skirt and top works in my book! It's so fun to get overly dressed up sometimes. I too have the "all dressed up with no where to go" woes at times. I work in an office, so I get to dress up all the time. However I seem to be the only one that really goes above and beyond our dress code. It's business casual and a lot of people assume that means slacks and a shirt that's not tucked it. I like to wear flashy shoes, skirts, dresses, blazers. Some days, I look like the odd man out, but whatever, I love fashion! (;

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love pink with anything. It's such a fresh pop of color! And I'm with you - any reason to get dressed up is fine by me! :)

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments! Please follow along for more of my daily style!
xoxo - Beth

On Instagram

© Behind My Heels. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.