Friday, September 18, 2015

Friday Favorites


It's been a couple of weeks since I've posted my Friday Favorites.  The last 2.5 months have been insane between craft shows, party planning and family commitments.  Finally have all this time things have finally slowed down a bit for me!  So here are my Friday Favorites!

1.  My Glam Wall!  Most of you who have followed me for a while know that I'm a big crafter.  I love to make pretty much anything that I can and of course I love all things "glam".  So for the last several months I've been busy making and adding items to my wall in my office.  I think it's safe to say it's pretty much completed!


2. Starbucks Mugs/Tumblers!  Is it me or what, but Starbucks has been putting out some freaking amazing tumblers and travel mugs lately!  I'm not a coffee drinks, but I could drink all day long.  I found my gold tumbler a few months ago and just recently picked up this amazing houndstooth one.  Originally they left a blank circle in the middle where the logo should go.  This bugged me a lot so I fixed that problem by getting my baby out (my silhouette cameo) and made a monogram in gold to add to each mug.  Now I won't have to worry about someone taking off with it, but it also makes it look more complete!


3. Cake Stands.  This one I blame on my best friend Liz.  She's gotten me into obsessing over cake stands.  I want all types in various sizes.  I've slowly been upgrading items in my house and since I love to entertain I figured I really need some.  I've only got a couple right now but here are a few of the ones I'm currently drooling over!

(left: Target $15.79, middle: Overstock $38.24, right: Amazon $38.56)

4. Vests, Ponchos, Capes and Cardigans.  With Fall trying to break through and stay I've noticed myself being more and more drawn into these this season.  I've already invested in a couple of each, but I'm looking/hoping to add a few more to my closet this season.  I love the verstility of each one.  The capes just give you that "English" chic look I like, where the vests are more casual.  Then the ponchos are perfect to cuddle up on the couch in or just going out on a chilly day, same as the cardigans.  There are just so many endless options with these. 
My dream list this season:

(1st: Merchant 31, 2nd: Mint Julep, 3rd: Merchant 31, 4th: Hazel & Olive)

(1st: Mint Julep, 2nd: Merchant 31, 3rd: Hazel & Olive, 4th: Hazel & Olive)
5. Favorite Book of the Week.  Lately I find myself reading a lot of mob romance books.  Not really sure why, but they've peeked my interested.  Well this week I was looking at the bookstore on my Kindle and came acrossed Transcending Darkness.  It sounded pretty good and for .99 I figured why not.  Needless to say I couldn't put this book down.  It's over 500 pages, but it was so good.  There were parts I was fighting back tears, times when I was shocked but a lot of smiles too.  So if you're looking for a good read check this one!

(Amazon)
6. And lastly.. my blogiversary is coming up soon.  And since this will be my 2nd anniversary I wanted to do something special and have a give away!  I won't be announcing it yet, but I'll give a hint.. I've shown it in a post within the last month!  It's a retired item and to me is a classic piece.  So keep you eyes out and check back on my blog to see when I announce the giveaway!




1 comment

  1. Super cute! Thanks for sharing <3 <3

    Bethany
    Kiss Me Darling
    www.kissmedarlingblog.com

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments! Please follow along for more of my daily style!
xoxo - Beth

On Instagram

© Behind My Heels. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.