Monday, April 21, 2014

2 Sisters Sweet Shoppe


Recently I started talking to a friend from High School and she was telling me about her mom's new sweets shoppe in town.  It brought back memories from when I was growing up.  I used to love to ride my bike into town (we lived 2 miles out) and go to Shirley's Sweets.  It was a kids heaven.  Everywhere you looked there was a huge selection of candy.  Then one day the lady that ran it retired and closed up shop.  Pretty much broke my young heart!

So when Katie told me about her mom's new shop I was immediately excited.  I mean who doesn't enjoy candy?!  I got the store name, Two Sisters Sweet Shoppe, and headed up there the next day.  As soon as I walked up the front window display had my mouth watering!  They had so many delicious types of candies and chocolates on display with some unique decor pieces, and then I opened the door.  I swear if there was a way to bottle up that delicious candy smell and post it right here for everyone to enjoy too I would!  Opening up their door and walking it was like revisiting your childhood!

All of their candy was so neatly lined up and on display just begging to be picked and taken home to enjoy.  On top of their chocolate cases were several selections of jelly bellies.  And I'll tell you I'm a sucker when it comes to those.  I love how they taste exactly like the name their are supposed to be.  Popcorn really tastes like you're at the movies eating some buttered popcorn, where as the Toasted Marshmallows tastes like your sitting around a campfire roasting real marshmallows!  And I was told that if you mix the Chocolate Pudding with the Toasted Marshmallow, it'll taste just like a s'more!  So I guess I need to go back and try some more!  I ended up leaving with 3 different bags of Jelly Bellies, one for each of my kids and one for my husband.

But then came the chocolate.  How can you choose just one type?!  I had to walk back and forth between the two cases deciding on which ones to get, because I know if I had it my way I would have walked out one several of each!  I ended up choose some Buckeyes since it has been years since I've enjoyed them.  And let's just say, yummy!  They were so mouth watering good.  I'm already planning on going back this week for some more!





I love that this is a family run business with a little bit of something for everyone.  And I hope everyone else that goes there and gets to try their delicious candies enjoys it as much as I did!

So if you're in the Celina, Ohio area, stop by 2 Sisters Sweet Shoppe!
xoxo - Beth


Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! Please follow along for more of my daily style!
xoxo - Beth

On Instagram

© Behind My Heels. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.