Monday, April 14, 2014

Weekend Wear and an Update

Over the last month things have been insane, with the packing and moving several states away.  Things are finally getting back to a somewhat routine and it's given me some time to think.  First I decided I wanted to revamp my blog.  Starting with a name change.  I wanted something that was more of who I am.  So while thinking about this I mentioned to my husband that I wanted a change.  His suggestion was to call it Heels, Handbags and Hormones.  At first it was him just being a goof.  But as the day wore on, the more the name seemed to stick.  It has my name written all over it.  I'm in love with heels and handbags and I'm filled head to toe in hormones!  So way to go babe on helping me choose a new name!

Secondly, I wanted to expand my blog a little more.  I still plan to keep it a majority about fashion and style, but I'm also going to exclude more of my crafts and cakes.  I've posted a few of these every once in awhile, but I'll make sure to add them more often.

And lastly onto this past weekends style.  I just got these amazingly soft white jeggings from Modern Vintage Boutique and just couldn't wait to wear them.  Thankfully the weather was finally warm.  70s is by far the perfect temperature!  So with that in mind I decided to make my weekend a white weekend.  Pairing these perfect pants with two different looks.

***

Saturday's look was all about black and white.  I love the chiffon kimonos that seem to be everywhere right now.  And how can you possibly go wrong pairing black and white and some animal print together?!  Plus receiving an amazing compliment from a store clerk asking if you're from New York (because she liked how well dressed you are) is just the icing on the cake!






Animal Print Chiffon Kimono- The Mint Julep (similar-similar)
Black Cami
White Jeggings- Modern Vintage Boutique (exact)
Jessica Simpson Wedges (exact)
Michael Kors Handbag (exact)
Lenny and Eva Large Cuff w/ Sentiment
Florence Necklace, Old Work Earrings- Premier Design Jewelry

***

Sunday was even nicer (although the wind was still crazy strong) and I was wanting to be more colorful.  My mom and I had spent the day before doing some Easter shopping and I saw this necklace at Maurices (one of my go to stores) and fell in love with it instantly.  The mint and turquoise colors are beautiful and will go with a lot of pieces I already have in my closet!







Coral Hi-Lo Tank- Maurices (similar-similar)
White Jeggings- Modern Vintage Boutique (exact)
Jessica Simpson Heels (similar)
Michael Kors Handbag (exact)
Desert Rose Earrings and Bracelets- Premier Design Jewelry
Layered Necklace- Maurices (exact)

***

Thank you for stopping by.  Please feel free to leave a comment and follow by blog.
xoxo - Beth

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! Please follow along for more of my daily style!
xoxo - Beth

On Instagram

© Behind My Heels. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.