Thursday, April 17, 2014

My List of Spring Must-Haves

My favorite thing about a new season coming up, is being able to shop for the newest fashion and trends.  I like to pick and choose what I like out of the newest trends.  Some I'll love, some I'll question and others I'll pass on.  There is always one of two new pieces that I'll pick up that will become my staples for the season or even longer.  So far this year it seems to be more new Michael Kors bag, because hello who wouldn't want to have that as a staple!  And the other item seems to be my amazing white skinnies.

Here is my list of this seasons must-haves:

(Photo Credits: Google Images, Michael Kors, Hazel and Olive Boutique and Modern Vintage Boutique)

1.  The perfect white skinnies.  These are perfect for just about every occasion and season.  They can be dressed up or dressed down.  I love how you can pair them with flat sandals, cute booties, sassy wedges or even sexy heels.  White is a staple color and if you can find the perfect pair of skinnies then you are golden!
(Modern Vintage Boutique-Maurices-The Blue Door Boutique-The Blue Door Boutique #2)

2. An amazing multi-functional tote.  You've seen them.  The square tote with the lock on the front.  Blue and white striped, solid color and even some with some animal print on them.  I've been drooling over them for the last few months and I finally got a hold of one.  I was lucky enough to be able to get one of Michael Kors newest bags, and since I promised my husband I'd be good and wouldn't buy another one for at least a year, I'm glad I bought one that is universal!  But if the sticker price of a MK bag scares your, or makes your bank account cry, don't worry, there are plenty of look a likes.  What I like about this style of bag is its classy and timeless and will last for many seasons.  The square totes go with any style, from work wear, to a girls night out or even just to the grocery store.

3. The Hippie Headband.  I love this new trendy item, but I've yet to figure out how to wear it with my limited hair styling abilities.  But I have seen other woman who wear these and look ah-mazing in them.  There are several types.  Jewels, lace, beaded.  Colors, solids and even funky mixed in.  I've seen them worn with a pony tail, around the forehead or even cutely styled with the hair down.  I'm hoping one day I'll figure out how to wear one and make it look cute on me!  But for now I'll let everyone else enjoy this cute new item.

4. Bandeaus.  This is an essential item.  There are just so many amazing open back tops and dresses and lets face it, some woman just need to extra help of a bra but don't want to show it.  That's where the bandeau comes in.  You can still have the support of a bra but have it hidden but either a solid color or printed bandeau.  Plus it just adds an extra something to your outfit!  You can even pair it with a sheer top for a more risque look but still be appropriate and covered.

5. A Fun/Open Back Top or Dress.  What is more fun that a unique open back?  Show off your tan, tattoo or your cute bandeau in a top that is open in the back.  There are so many styles, I can't even begin to list my favorites.  All the way open, strappy, ruffles and unique designs are just some of the fun back they currently have out there.

***

Thank you for stopping by my blog.  I can't wait to hear what you think so feel free to leave a comment.
xoxo - Beth

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! Please follow along for more of my daily style!
xoxo - Beth

On Instagram

© Behind My Heels. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.