Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Casual in Neutrals










My daughter insisted that she needed to carry my bags, so of course I had to snap a picture of her!


Some days you just need a little retail therapy.

And since I'm a lover of boutiques I decided since it was cold and rainy out I needed to hang out at one of my favorite go to boutiques, Merchant 31.  I've mentioned this place on more than one occasion and have shown several of their pieces that I own.  I just love how all of their clothes are totally on trend with an affordable price ticket.  And being a stay at home mom, that is a huge factor for me.  So I grabbed a friend and we headed out!  Keep at eye out on my IG (hummingbirdheels) page and here for all my new goodies.

Today's outfit was all about keeping it casual.  I had lots of errands to run and a Christmas party meeting to go to so I wanted to be stylish, yet comfortable.  The vest I bought at Marshall's last year and I still love it this year.  I believe I even saw it in stores again last month.  I like that it's sweater material with a touch of fur in the front so it's a small dose of faux fur.  Pairing it with a simple black dolman top, my favorite ripped jeans and my new boots that the hubby bought for our anniversary earlier this month.  Since I went heavy on the bracelets, I kept the rest of my jewelry simple.  

 Top/Beautys a Breeze (similar) | Vest/Marshall's (similar similar) | Jeans/Modern Vintage


8 comments

  1. I LOVE that you shop boutiques! I'm all about shopping local and sadly they are slim pickins around here. /: I have yet to bust out last years faux fur vest, but it will happen soon. (; I actually wear it exactly how you styled yours. Your husband's got some killer boot taste ! haha. Look at your little minnie you and her shopping bags. So cute! (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a fan of boutiques too - I think they are great to get pieces that everyone won't have! I'm loving the vest - it's perfect and we're on the same wave length today! xo, Biana - BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those boots are super cute!
    XO Ellen from Ask Away
    www.askawayblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that vest! Great look for cooler weather. Your daughter is TOO cute!

    XO Chelsea http://www.shesaidhesaidfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving the distressing on your jeans!

    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving your denim! Super cute look girl! <3 <3

    Bethany
    Kiss Me Darling
    www.kissmedarlingblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. That last picture just gets me! She is SO stinkin cute!!

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments! Please follow along for more of my daily style!
xoxo - Beth

On Instagram

© Behind My Heels. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.