Monday, October 12, 2015

Zipper Effect













I love those days when I have an excuse to break out my more dressier items.  Last week the group I'm apart of hosted a Great Gatsby Wine & Murder Mystery night.  Since I didn't feel like wearing a flapper dress, I went through my closet and put together a fun, classy outfit.

I bought this blazer a couple of weeks ago after I've been eyeing it online for awhile.  I love the zipper effect on it along with the peplum style.  Initially I didn't think a peplum style would compliment me since I have more of an athletic build, but surprisingly I love how it gives a little more curves to my body.  Added to that I scored this beautiful gold and black sequin top off the clearance rack awhile back (for $5!!!!) and never found the right time to wear it.  But once I had the blazer, I knew the top would look amazing with it!

Best part of getting all dressed up, is when your husband looks at you and smiles.  He told me he'd love to see me dressed like this more often, which of course I am more than willing to do!  

***
Don't forget there is still time to enter my Miche Tweed Bag Giveaway!
Blazer: Merchant 31 (exact)
Top: Merchant 31
Slacks: Charlotte Russe (exact)
Shoes: DSW (exact)


5 comments

  1. Love this! Perfect outfit for the night you had planned. And it sounds like fun!!

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wanted to go to a murder mystery dinner party! I'm obsessed with peplum. I don't care if it's not the "ideal" silhouette for me. Actually, I think it looks amazing on anyone! I totally would have been suckered into those zippers too. (; Hope you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great outfit for a Great Gatsby themed wine and murder mystery night! Love it! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  4. That jacket was so perfect for your murder mystery party!! Sounds like a really fun theme too! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look stunning♥♥

    summerdaisy.net

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments! Please follow along for more of my daily style!
xoxo - Beth

On Instagram

© Behind My Heels. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.