Monday, August 31, 2015

90s On Now







(a little blooper... just enjoying the cool air!)

(Baby girl wanted to take a photo with mommy.. who am I to say no!)

*Sigh*  This outfit is kind of depressing me today.  I wore this last week while we were enjoying the amazing taste of Fall like weather and today we're back to sweltering heat and humidity.  But I have to admit looking at these photos again makes me super excited for Fall to fully arrive.  The boots, sweaters, leaves changing and more.  It's my favorite season!

This past weekend was spend celebrating my daughter's 4th birthday.  Tomorrow (her actually birthday) I'm taking her out while daddy is at work and her brother is at school.  She'll be pampered like the little princess she is.  We finally decided we'd let her get her hair cut, since she's been asking for awhile along with getting her nails done for the first time.  And lastly we'll go out and pick out a super cute leotard for when she starts gymnastics.  Check out a couple of photos below of the Barbie cake I made for her along with a few other special memories.

Okay back to this outfit now.  It really makes me feel like I'm back in the 90s, but better this time!  Last time I was sporting 90's fashion, my parents picked them out and they weren't as cute!  I also love how I've finally accepted that mixing prints does actually work!  My husband gave me the funniest look when he saw me carrying my leopard bag while wearing red plaid.  He's learned to just smile and take my photos!

I love how it all came together, from the ripped jeans to my super cozy plaid kimono.  I can already tell that this will be another go to outfit for me for running errands around town.  What are some of your favorite prints to mix together?

Happy Monday!




Plaid Kimono: Bloom
Boots: DSW
Accessories: Miche, Whispering Prayer, Premier Designs, Chloe & Isabel



2 comments

  1. I hope you put some of those birthday pics on Pinterest, because they are so stinking cute and I see soooo many people re-pinning them! (: Happy Birthday to your little one! I hope you guys have the best girls day.

    I too am a little sad September is beginning back in the sweltering temps, but soon my friend, soon.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments! Please follow along for more of my daily style!
xoxo - Beth

On Instagram

© Behind My Heels. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.