Monday, September 29, 2014

Fall Heat

This post is a couple of days late.  Lucky me came down with a nasty cold that's pretty much knocked me out all weekend.  Hopefully I can get over it soon, b/c I have way too much to do!

I wore this for my Friday OOTD.  My husband's work was having a family Oktoberfest and with the temps deciding to go back up into the 80s I had to wear shorts (or pass out from the heat).  But since it's officially Fall I wanted to keep the color palette in the darker tones.  I've actually had these items for a couple of years now and never thought to mix the two.

The dark brown tweed like shorts worked perfectly with the dark orange sweater.  It was definitely perfect for Oktoberfest and for Fall.  And it worked double time since we ended up going to a car show later that night and once the sun set so did the temperature.  It was a win win all around.

***

This weekend was also my dad's 60th birthday.  I still can't believe he's 60!  My mom had planned a nice surprise party for him, and told him she wasn't sure if I'd be able to make it or not.  Well of course we did!  I haven't been able to celebrate my dad's birthday in over 11 years so this was a great treat for both of us.

Dad had seen some cupcakes I had made earlier this month and was drooling over the computer screen.  So mom had asked if I'd make some for him.  I ended up making him a delicious (and very sweet) Reese's cake with cupcakes on the side. 

I found this recipe thanks to Pinterest and if any of you love to bake I highly recommend this.  The peanut butter icing is so insanely good.

(Click here for link to the original recipe on the Somewhat Simple blog)
***







Top- Maurices/old (similar)
Shorts- Maurices/old 
Shoes- Can't remember!
Clutch- Maurices/old
Jewelry by Lia Sopia

***

Love to read your comments!  Follow along for more of my daily style.
xoxo - Beth

18 comments

  1. Very nice leather! Great color combinations. Loving the leopard in it!!

    Lauren xo
    Sophisticated In Style

    ReplyDelete
  2. great sweater!
    xo Jessica
    www.NewlyLoved.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! Loving that clutch and shoes!

    <3 Shannon
    Upbeatsoles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg that reeces cake looks AHMAZING! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's so good and the icing is dangerously good!

      Delete
  5. Your clutch and shoes are gorgeous.

    http://ninasstyleblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. That cake looks so good, and love that clutch!
    -Hannah
    sweeterthanserenity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely assemble!!! Just discovered your blog and of course following you!!

    http://www.chicadventureit.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. aww that is so sweet!
    you look great and the cake looks yummy!!!

    itsjustshalay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely outfit! nice clutch!

    www.eager4fashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Peanut butter frosting.. yum!! Love your clutch!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments! Please follow along for more of my daily style!
xoxo - Beth

On Instagram

© Behind My Heels. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.