Sunday, June 29, 2014

Girls Just Want to Have Fun

Sometimes a girl just needs her BFF and a night out.  And that is exactly what my friend Megan and I needed.  We've been besties since our Freshman year of High School and haven't really seen each other in the last 10 years.  It's not that we grew apart, but after High School I joined the Air Force and moved away.  Then we both started our own families so getting together was hard.  But now that my family has moved back to Ohio we're finally able to hang out again.

So for the last few weeks we've been planning this night out.  A night out without our husband and kids is a rare event so we wanted to make the most of it.  When I saw this dress from Shop at Obsession I couldn't stop drooling over it and knew I had to have it.  The gold and black damask print with the flowy black top is just simply stunning.  I kept my accessories simple because the skirt portion was the main focal point.

We ended up eating at an amazing restaurant from the Greene called The Pub.  The appetizers, wine and main course were all just so good I couldn't stop eating, even when I was stuffed.  I was even proud of myself for trying out a new cheese, gouda!

My yummy appetizer ( I swear I'm a totally picture foodie! )
Mozzerella "Bullocks" with a glass of Sequin Wine.  Seriously, who can resist a glass of wine called sequin?!

My main course was a British comfort food.
Buttermilk Chicken with Gouda Mac n Cheese and a small side salad.  Delicious!

***








Dress- Shop at Obsession (exact-similar-similar)
Carlos by Carlos Santanas Heels
Jewelry by Lia Sophia
Clutch- Thrift Shop Find

***

A few fun photos with my bestie!




***

Thank you for stopping by and checking out my blog.  I'd love if you'd leave a comment and click to follow me!
xoxo - Beth

13 comments

  1. super cute skirt!! Would love for you to enter my giveaway on my blog :)!!

    www.dressedby-jess.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute outfit! You look awesome! I LOVE The Pub! They have the best food!

    <3, Pamela
    sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so good, I'm already looking forward to going back!

      Delete
  3. Sounds like an awesome weekend! Love pub food!! That dress looks gorgeous on you!

    <3 Shannon
    Upbeatsoles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm already trying to find a reason to wear it again!

      Delete
  4. love your look! sounds like a fun girls night out!

    xo
    Brittani and Katie
    www.pleasantlypetite.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this post! Your blog is so perf, OMG! Would you mind checking out my blog and maybe following via GFC and bloglovin? You would help so much!
    Thanks,
    Azia from sarcastic hipster
    Blog ♡ http://sarcastichipster.blogspot.com/
    Bloglovin ♡ http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/12346821

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally agree! Hope you had fun!!
    www.amemoryofus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's such a great story, looks like you guys had fun, here's to being reunited!

    xx Hélène
    www.FashionOverReason.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the skirt, this look is amazing!

    http://www.MartasFashionDiary.com/
    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/3286864

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like you had a great night out ! I love your skirt the pattern is gorgeous.

    Xo Miss Erin
    www.misserinsays.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. that food looks so dang tasty! love that cute skirt!

    kelseybang.com

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments! Please follow along for more of my daily style!
xoxo - Beth

On Instagram

© Behind My Heels. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.