Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Casual with a side of Cupcakes

It's summertime.  And what better way to kick off summer than with some yummy sweets?  I decided to try out a new way of making cupcakes and something extra to spoil my family with.  My solution: Twix Cupcakes.  Yup.  I did!


I didn't really do anything special.  Just a chocolate cupcake with some icing made from scratch.  I then drizzled some melted chocolate (would have done caramel too, but I was all out) followed by some turtle flavored sprinkles.  To top it off I added 1/2 of a Twix mini.  Needless to say this was a huge hit with my kids and husband!  Next time I want to try some Rolo, Snickers and Reese cupcakes.

Of course you can't eat cupcakes before dinner (well not always), so I decided to treat my husband to a delicious dinner.  I'm hooked on Pampered Chef and I love pretty much every recipe they have.  Yesterday I decided to try out the Lemon Greek Chicken.  And what do you know... delicious!

(Follow link for the recipe: Lemon Greek Chicken)

We paired this with some butter rice and some rolls.  Perfect meal!

***

Yesterday's outfit was all about the comfort.  During my visit to Bloom this past weekend I saw this simple white tshirt and decided I had to have it.  And O-M-G... talk about soft.  It is so light weight that I wasn't dying of heat stroke with the humidity outside.  This will definitely be one of my favorite go to shirts!







Shorts- Maurices
Shoes- Maurices
Michael Kors Handbag
Jewelry by Lia Sophia and Premier Designs
Guess Sunglasses
Cupcakes... Delicious!

***

Thank you for stopping by and checking out my blog.  I look forward to reading your comments!

4 comments

  1. Mmm looks delicious! I just followed you back!
    Kisses

    www.mystyleisfreedom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy cupcakes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look amazing, I must try!

    www.officialmisspriss.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments! Please follow along for more of my daily style!
xoxo - Beth

On Instagram

© Behind My Heels. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.