Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Casual Fur and Day 2 of Blog Challenge

I love this outfit.  Simple, easy and me.  Everything from the simple jewelry down to my fun boots this outfit is so much fun.  I always tend to pair my distressed jeans with my knee high boots, but today I wanted to try something different.  I bought these boots about a year or so ago and haven't worn them much.  Pairing them with a simple black top and my statement fur vest I can consider this outfit complete.  Since I didn't want anything to overpower the vest I kept my jewelry and handbag simple.








Here's a sneak peek of my Valentine's Day outfit!



Now onto today's blog challenge (day 2).  Meaning behind my blog name:
Heels, Handbags and Hormones.

Well this should be pretty obvious.  My blog used to be called Hummingbird Heels.  When I first started blogging and struggling to find a name I asked my friends on Facebook for advice.  My former Chief, who I still talk to and think of as family, told me he always associated hummingbirds with me.  His reason: I always had so much energy and would jump from one thing to the next.  Well after my blog started growing more, I was having a hard time "fitting" that name.  Plus we had just moved and I felt like I needed a change.  I knew I wanted to keep Heels in the title since I am completely obsessed with heels.  But thinking of the rest of the name was harder than I thought.  Now keep in my we had just moved and I was having a super hard time adjusting and trying to meet new friends.  I had also just recently "treated" myself to a Michael Kors bag.  So one night after I was being emotional yet again, my husband looks at me and says I have the perfect title for you blog.  Heels, Handbags and Hormones!  He told me it describes me perfectly.  So that is how my blog came by its new name!

xoxo - Beth

11 comments

  1. One of the biggest reasons I love your blog is the catchy name. Plus it's hilarious. I'm totally an emotional being so I can relate. (; I love how you styled this vest. You should totally wear your boots more often because they are adorable! (: Nice rock stud pumps. Cant wait to see your look. (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the fur vest! Lovely look!

    http://www.MARTASFASHIONDIARY.com/2015/02/mint-pastel-coat.html#more

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can never go wrong with faux fur!!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Found your blog and I’d like to say that I’m in love with it! You have interesting posts and everything is beautiful! Amazing!
    I’ll be happy to see you in my blog!)

    Diana Cloudlet
    http://www.dianacloudlet.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that vest!

    xx, Leah / Eat Pray Wear Love

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look great! The faux fur vest looks lovely on you.

    TRENDGALORE
    BLOGLOVIN

    ReplyDelete
  7. This look is totally me too! I love those boots, and I love the story about the blog name! :)

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my those shoes from BCBG are gorj!!

    Allie of ALLIE NYC
    allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments! Please follow along for more of my daily style!
xoxo - Beth

On Instagram

© Behind My Heels. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.