Saturday, November 29, 2014

Shop Small

I love the holidays but it seems like I have less time to get on here to do some blogging.  Pretty bummed too that I totally spaced on taking my outfit photos over the last couple of days.  But with prepping for Thanksgiving, having my parents over for a visit, getting the house ready for Christmas and spending family time together, well it just slipped my mind!  

I normally avoid trying to go out on Black Friday, the crowds tend to be insane, the deals iffy and the lines are crazy.  But a local boutique here was having their storefront Grand Opening and I had a gift card.  So needless to say I had to go out!  And I couldn't be any happier.  First of Shop Taylor Monroe is a great boutique with affordable and stylish clothes.  Then the store front is ah-mazing!  All blacks and golds and just *sigh* glamorous!  The staff that greeted me were so kind and helpful and I just wanted to pick up one of everything!  But since my husband probably doesn't feel like filing for bankruptcy, I have to pace myself!  But I was able to get a super soft sweater, another furry vest and a gorgeous necklace!  You'll get to see the vest and necklace on an upcoming post, or if you follow my on Instagram you can see it there.

So since today is Small Business Saturday I geared my outfit towards items I love and have bought from small businesses.  I have found several favorite boutiques that I like to shop at.  Some of them have grown pretty big, while others are still growing.  Check out my favorite places under my shops tab!

***










Get the Look:
Sweater/Taylor Monroe (exact), Jeans/Modern Vintage (similar-similar)
Scarf and Clutch/Beautys a Breeze (similar)
Boots/DSW (exact)
Jewelry by Lia Sophia

8 comments

  1. This scarf is too cute. I'm a sucker for all things red, white & blue :) Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving!!

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that scarf! It looks so vintage-chic. (:

    www.accordingtokiki123.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved that you shared your small business favorites! The sweater and clutch are just too good!
    Carylee | more pieces of me
    Enter the $650 EXPRESS Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! Loving your distressed denim!

    <3 Shannon
    upbeatsoles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That scarf is perfect!

    God bless,
    XO, Claire
    Http://www.littlemissfashionqueen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. So important to shop small! Love your scarf!!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Blogging can be difficult around the holiday season! Anywho, I didn't do ANY Black Friday shopping! Can you believe it? Neither can I.
    I love your patriotic scarf. I was just eying one at Forever 21 the other day and now I'm kind of wishing I would've got it :||||

    xx
    Because I'm Obsessed

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments! Please follow along for more of my daily style!
xoxo - Beth

On Instagram

© Behind My Heels. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.