Saturday, February 21, 2015

Double OOTD & Day 3 Blog Challege

So I had originally planned to post these outfits last week.  Well life happens and I was unable to.  Then after my big Valentine's date I had planned to post my beautiful dress, well when we got home my husband pulled up our floor since it's been having issues, only to find out we had some major water damage.  So this past week I haven't been able to update.  Got to love house drama!

But now that we are finally getting things back on track (even though my kitchen looks like a war zone) I can finally post these two outfits!

The first one was for a Mardi Gras social.  Since I didn't want to go all out and buy new items just for a couple of hours (and I doubt I would have worn anything like that again) I kept things simple.  I have this old purple sequin tank top, that I paired with my go to blazer and added my green scarf.  Of course I had to add in my amazing purple booties.  To top off the outfit and Mardi Gras theme, I bought this beautiful black and gold mask.  I'm already looking forward to the masquerade social later this year so I can wear it again!







The second outfit is my Valentine's outfit.  Mother Nature decided to play a cruel joke on me and make it extremely cold, windy and snowy.  But after planning this outfit for awhile I wasn't going to let it get in my way!  I typically never get the chance to really get all dolled up like this so I decided to splurge a little.  Red is totally not one of my go to colors, but I couldn't pass up on this one.  I love the A line dress with the criss cross neckline.  It really gave me a beautiful hourglass figure.  I also have been lusting after these heels for so long that I finally too the plunge and bought them.  And I couldn't have been happier.  The heel is a little lower than I normally wear, but they are so incredibly comfortable I couldn't resist!  Once the snow melts, I can't wait to pair them with some skinnies!






***

Today's blog challenge is: my earliest childhood memory.
It's a little foggy, but I would have to say my earliest memory would have been when I was around 5-6 living in Hawaii.  I remember playing with my next door neighbor in the swimming pool.  Details are hazy, but I remember always having a lot of fun with her.

Outfit details:
Mardi Gras Outfit: Blaze, Sequin Tank, Scarf and Jeans all from Maurices
Boots from DSW, Coach handbag and Jewelry from Lia Sophia and H&M
Valentine's Outfit: Dress from Shop at Obsession, Shoes from DSW, Purse from Miche

xoxo - Beth

4 comments

  1. Seriously how cute was your Valentine's Day outfit?! Red isn't really my color either so I try to stick with my pinks. (: So sorry to hear about your kitchen! Hopefully your husband gets everything back in tip top shop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that dress and heels! It was freezing here on Valentine's Day, too, which made choosing an outfit difficult :/ I ended up wearing all black and not baring any leg like I wanted to!

    xx
    Because I'm Obsessed

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Valentine's Day outfit is sooo cute!!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments! Please follow along for more of my daily style!
xoxo - Beth

On Instagram

© Behind My Heels. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.