Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Pop of Color & Day 6 of Blog Challenge

The one thing I love about the colder months are that we can layer.  But the one thing I hate, is when it's been cold for so long and I'm ready to start breaking out my heels, tanks and shorts.  So of course when I did my mini shopping spree at Charming Charlie last week, pretty much all the items I picked up where warmer weather items.  But I wasn't going to let that stop me from wearing this amazing purple dress.  And since I'm pretty tall, I was able to get away with wearing it as more of a tunic than a dress!

At first when I bought the dress, I was a little disappointed since it's such a flowy item.  Flowy and me don't mix, it makes me look like I'm either 9 months pregnant or just fat.  So I was able to find the perfect braided belt to match it (that way I can give myself a waist).  Well the problem came that it was in the negatives and this is a tank top dress!  Simple fix, I added my favorite go to blazer, my amazing white jeggings and some knee high boots and ta da.. problem solved!  It felt great to add a little pop of color to my outfit and still managing to stay warm.  Add in this gorgeous blue jewel tone bag and I'm all set.  Now I can't wait for it to warm up so I can wear the dress with heels!








Outfit Details:
Dress and handbag from Charming Charlie, Boots by Diba from DSW, White jeggings- Modern Vintage and Blazer from Maurices.

Today's Blog Challenge: 10 of my favorite foods:
1. Ice Cream
2. Pizza
3. BBQ Pulled Pork
4. Bourbon Chicken
5. Curly Fries
6. Snickers
7. Hamburgers
8. Ferra Roche Chocolates
9. Strawberries
10. Garlic Bread

xoxo - Beth

9 comments

  1. Such a cute look Beth! Is it bad I've never thought about wearing any of my dresses as tunics? What a brilliant idea! (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty :)
    xx

    www.theblackblush.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you styled this dress. The dress in itself looks great too. And amazing bag!

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the white denim against the boots! So cute!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look so cute in this dress! And I love, LOVE the color of that bag :)

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the mix of colors and I really love your bag.

    http://foodfashionandflow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it
    We are leading wholesaler in new york , the 3 main products we are selling are handbags,scarves and women's apparel,if you are intreseted in our products,We will help you with your business, make your business more competitive,you can go to www.huafu.org to view our items online, if you are in US,you can call us at 212-268-9985 for more information.thank you in advance.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute ! Original combination, I love the boots ! ♥

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments! Please follow along for more of my daily style!
xoxo - Beth

On Instagram

© Behind My Heels. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.