Monday, February 24, 2014

Heaven Sent Maxi

Don't you just hate when the weather is gorgeous and warm one day, then the next its cold and windy?  Yup exactly what happened this weekend.  Saturday was amazing and warm, then Sunday we had to break out the jackets again.

But I wasn't going to let the cold weather stop me from wearing this amazing new dress I bought.  Thankfully since it's a maxi dress (and surprisingly long enough on my 5'9" frame) I was able to wear a pair of warm leggings and boots under it to help keep me warm.  I normally don't wear maxis since I'm rather tall and most times the hem ends right at my ankles and I hate that.  But this one measured long enough so I decided to go ahead and give it a try and I was so thrilled when I tried it on and it fit like a glove!

Sunday was also a day of celebrating.  My son turned 6 today (Monday) and we celebrated his birthday with his friends yesterday.  So of course I've spent the last several days prepping everything for his lego themed cake.  I ended up making so much candy to decorate the cake with I might have put all the kids who came into a sugar coma!  But it was worth it.  My son had a blast and all of his friends had a great time as well.


***






Maxi Dress- The Blue Door Boutique (sold out)
Black Bandeau
Boots- Victoria Secrets
Handbag- Charming Charlies
Silver Lace Earrings and Posh Bracelet- Premier Designs Jewelry

***

Thank you for stopping by my blog today!  Feel free to follow and come back for more style.
xoxo - Beth

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! Please follow along for more of my daily style!
xoxo - Beth

On Instagram

© Behind My Heels. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.