Friday, June 20, 2014

Black and White and Read All Over

I'm a huge bookworm.  I picked this trait up from my mom and I couldn't be happier.  Being a military spouse we've moved several times and starting over is always hard.  But with my books it feels like I always have an escape or friends when I need them.  Since we are still getting settled in our new home, I've had my nose glued to my Kindle Fire downloading book after book.  I normally go for my romance or paranormal type books, but I broke away from that last week.  While browsing for a new book the cover of One Lavender Ribbon caught my attention.  I know I know you shouldn't judge a book by its cover, but I do.  If the cover peeks my interested I'm more likely to pick it up and see what its about.  And with them one I was so glad that I did.

One Lavender Ribbon is an amazing story about finding yourself and believing in love all over again.  I don't want to give any spoilers out, but I highly recommend this book to everyone.  There's a little bit of history (even though its a work of fiction) regarding WWII, lots of laughter, tears and smiles.  Below is a quick synopsis on the book.

Can a stack of long-hidden love letters from a WWII war hero inspire a heartbroken woman to love again?

Reeling from a bitter divorce, Adrienne Carter abandons Chicago and retreats to the sun, sand, and beauty of Southern Florida, throwing herself into the restoration of a dilapidated old Victorian beach house. Early into the renovations, she discovers a tin box hidden away in the attic that reveals the emotional letters from a WWII paratrooper to a young woman who lived in the house more than a half-century earlier.

The old letters—incredibly poetic and romantic—transcend time, and they arouse in Adrienne a curiosity that leads her to track down the writer of the letters. William “Pops” Bryant is now an old man living in a nearby town with his handsome but overprotective grandson, Will. As Adrienne begins to unravel the secrets of the letters (and the Bryants), she finds herself not yet willing to give up entirely on love.

***








Top- Maurices (similar-similar)
Shorts- Maurices (exact-similar-similar)
Jessica Simpson Wedges (exact)
Michael Kors Handbag
Jewelry by Lia Sophia

***

Thank you for stopping by and checking out my blog.  I look forward to reading your comments.
xoxo - Beth

13 comments

  1. So cute!! Love the polka dots and those wedges are gorg!!

    <3 Shannon
    Upbeatsoles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love polka dots! Such a great summer look!

    <3, Pamela
    sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a fun polka dot blouse! love the cute white wedges!

    kelseybang.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! These are probably my favorite summer time shoes!

      Delete
  4. Such a great summer outfit!

    xo
    Brittani and Katie
    www.pleasantlypetite.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, you look so darling! And seriously the title of this post is so clever!
    www.amemoryofus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the polka dots!

    Check out my style if you get a chance! xo

    Alexis
    http://thosethreads.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the MK bag!!!!
    -Hannah
    sweeterthanserenity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments! Please follow along for more of my daily style!
xoxo - Beth

On Instagram

© Behind My Heels. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.