Friday, August 21, 2015

Summer Lovin'












I love when you can take an article of clothing that's meant for one season but use it in another.  That is probably one of my favorite things about the new style "rules".  There are no rules!  

At a recent sale with Merchant 31, I stopped in (because really who can resist a sale?!) and did some browsing.  Which btw, with a 3 year old in tow it makes it a lot more interesting!  She thinks I need to buy everything!  While checking out the sale rack I noticed this amazing crochet cardigan.  I about squealed when I noticed it was my size and it was the last one.  Now there is a few things I love about this.  One the color is just gorgeous, and that's saying something because I prefer darker tones, two it will work with just about anything in my closet and lastly it's the perfect summer to fall transition top.  I can wear it during the summer months and not pass out from heat exhaustion, because of the wide crochet holes.  Then I can easily transition this into the cooler months with some skinnies and a long sleeve tee.  Either way this top is a total win win in my book!

And there is just something I love about wearing heels and shorts.  Even though I already have long legs, adding the heels on top of that just gives me that more modelish look I've always wanted!  Keeping the jewelry a little more understated gives this look the perfect casual pre-fall feel.  So expect to see this cardigan on constant repeat this coming Fall/Winter!

Cardigan & Top: Merchant 31
Shorts: Maurices
Shoes: Target


2 comments

I love to read your comments! Please follow along for more of my daily style!
xoxo - Beth

On Instagram

© Behind My Heels. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.