Monday, January 5, 2015

Why Hello Again!

Oh how I've missed y'all and my blogging.  The last month has just been utter chaos.  Between the holidays, Christmas shopping, organizing and planning a couple of parties and lots and lots of sickness I've been living in comfy clothes and repeat outfits.  Plus with it still being dark early it really does make it harder for me to get some nice shots in.

But the last month hasn't been all madness.  I've been busy making some more fun signs for both my house, family and Sassy Designs.  I'm really hoping I can grow my little hobby into more of a small business this year.  So if you follow me on Instagram ya'll have probably seen a lot of what I've been working on.  Other than that I've been keeping up with my favorite bloggers on Instagram as well and trying to check out ya'lls pages as much as I can.  

So for my first blog outfit of the New Year, I wanted to show/brag about this amazing new poncho I just got.  My husband and I decided to take the kids out and do some exploring around the Dayton area to check out these cute small towns.  And oh boy that may have been a mistake!  So many amazing stores were found and an amazing new boutique, Zebra Girl.  First off, I won't lie, the name grabbed me first.  Because hello! who doesn't love zebras?!  Secondly it was set in this super cute house.  Once I walked in the owner was very welcoming and I instantly fell in love with just about everything she had in there.  But my eyes couldn't stop looking at this beautiful poncho hanging up.  And once I tried it on I knew I had to have it.  The poncho trend is big right now and I can totally see why.  This one in particular is so soft and warm and to me just flatters you.  I don't have to worry about sucking in my belly! 

Since the poncho is a big statement item, I kept everything else simple.  My new polka dot wristlet came from Target and was a Christmas gift from my husband (he listens really good!).  And I love my distressed jeans with my knee high boots.  To me it really pulls together this look!  Needless to say this will most likely be a staple item for me to get through the upcoming cold months.

What's your favorite new item that you either bought for yourself or received as a gift?

***









Get the Look:
Poncho/Zebra Girl (similar-similar), Jeans/Modern Vintage (similar-similar)
Boots/DSW, Wristlet/Target
Jewelry by Lia Sophia, Lenny & Eva

xoxo - Beth

15 comments

  1. So glad you're back! I missed your blog posts, but loved seeing all your crafts on Instagram! Looks like the Hubby did well on gifts this year :)

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe thank you! It feels great to be back blogging!

      Delete
  2. Welcome back!! You look gorgeous! Love that poncho! Happy new year!

    <3 Shannon
    Upbeat Soles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this poncho! So sorry to hear you've been sick. ): But I've really enjoyed all your craftness via Instagram! Glad to have you back! (:

    www.accordingtokiki123.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad you've enjoyed my crafts and the flu hit this house hard!

      Delete
  4. Happy New Year. Welcome back! I missed blogging too. Love the poncho, so cute!

    XO Chelsea www.shesaidhesaidfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely post! :)

    I would like to invite you to my blog! I would be so happy if we support each other on GFC, Bloglovin and Facebook!
    Do it and let me know! xx

    Blog | Facebook Page | Bloglovin | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great poncho!

    God bless,
    XO, Claire
    Http://www.littlemissfashionqueen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your poncho!

    I am following you on gfc, would you like to follow me back so we can stay in touch?

    http://mypetitecorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi sweetie. You look gorgeous with this look. That poncho is awesome
    I'm following your blog and added you on G+.
    It would be nice if you could follow back so we can keep in touch :)
    Have a wonderful day, sweetie
    xoxo
    Liza
    www.lizacorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a fun wrap! So cute and cozy.

    www.etapraywearlove.com

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments! Please follow along for more of my daily style!
xoxo - Beth

On Instagram

© Behind My Heels. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.