Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Pinterest Inspired

So I've been pretty much buried under about a mound of blankets guzzling a few gallons of hot tea lately!  I am so not a cold weather person.  And right now I feel like I'm living in Alaska again.  No thanks, 3 years was enough for me!  But welcome to Ohio right... snow, ice and crazy insane winds.

Since I've been buried under my blankets I've been keeping my outfits pretty low key: jeans and a sweatershirt.  Nothing really spectacular to be posting about.  But I had to get out of my house yesterday (the perks of being a stay at home mom), not for anything exciting, but because I had to go to the dentist.  Ugh..again no thanks!  I figured since I had to get out and I didn't want to scare the locals, I would actually put on clothes!

Photo via Pinterest
This outfit I fell in love with because of pinterest.  Evil evil site!  I pinned this look months (probably even a couple of years) ago and I was pumped when it dawned on me that I had something similar to this in my closet.  After a couple of days of looking at it and deciding if it really did look good together, I finally went for it.  And once the makeup and accessories were added I couldn't be any happier.  It sort of fit my mood too.  The dark and light greys fit in perfectly with the artic temperatures outside.











***
Sorry some of the photos are a tad blurry.. I couldn't stand still because the wind was making me freeze!









Most of the pieces in this outfit are older ones and as of right now I can't find any similar pieces.  Once I do I will update this!

15 comments

  1. Too cute!! Loving that jacket and the longer top! Stay warm girl!

    <3 Shannon
    Upbeatsoles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Hopefully I'll thaw out before Christmas! lol

      Delete
  2. WOW its almost like the one from pinterest! This looks sooo sweet!
    xoxo Colli || my Blog - TOBEYOUTIFUL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried to leave you a comment earlier, but it didn't work I don't think! I love the grey and pink together. You replicated the Pintrest look perfectly! Stay warm out there :)

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I love pinterest and I'm always so giddy when I find something in my closet that can work with it!

      Delete
  4. Loved the outfit, specially the boots and the jacket ! It really suits you ! :)

    Just found your blog and now I'm following you on GFC !

    www.letmecrossover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe thank you! These boots are pretty much my go to boots!

      Delete
  5. I love that you took an outfit from pinterest and made it your own! It is such a beautiful inspo and I just love your recreation!

    Maggie
    www.PolishedClosets.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I have a "pinterest inspiration" board in my closet to help keep me inspired.

      Delete
  6. Very cute I love pinterest! Always get my inspirations there!

    xo, Mary

    Theloveofmary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't you just love Pinterest? It is the best thing slice bread. You pulled the look together nicely.

    Natasha B|fashionablyfab.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good job, girl! I really wonder what we did before Pinterest. I feel like life revolves around it; outfits, DIYs, party planning, etc. Sooo many secrets were kept before Pinterest!
    Oh, and you lived in Alaska?! That's AWESOME.

    xx
    Because I'm Obsessed

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your jacket!!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your so gorgeous! Maybe you could check out my fashion and beauty blog? Thefashionistadiygal.blogspot.com. Follow me on GFC and of course I will follow you back. Be sure to comment on my latest post! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments! Please follow along for more of my daily style!
xoxo - Beth

On Instagram

© Behind My Heels. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.