Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Back At It Again


I feel like Rose from the beginning of Titanic... "it's been, 84 years..."

I haven't blogged in over a year.  And even then it was a hit or miss, and to be honest I've missed it.  I've missed checking out other bloggers, sharing my life and learning new things.  The last 1.5 years have been CRAZY!  If you follow me on Instagram then you've probably seen some of the things I have been up to.  But if you don't follow me (@behindmyheels) then you should ;)

To start, my online clothing store (The Eight-Eleven Boutique) is still up and running and I'm loving every second of it!  I've been lucky enough to stay home while I run my business and run the house hold.  In the last year I've started traveling around the Dayton area with my store and doing Pop-Up Shops.  Its a great way to meet new customers and of course for people to see/try on the clothes in person.  It has its up and downs, like I can't stand doing the bookkeeping!  But being able to show my kids that yes you can follow your dreams and do the job you love.  Plus being able to decide what to stock is always fun!  Check out one of my many favorite outfits:


Seriously, isn't this just the cutest outfit?!  The de-masked tank is silky soft, the shorts are totally adorable and those shoes... SO comfortable!  Head on over to my website www.eightelevenboutique.com and you can shop this look ;)

***

I've also found a new hobby, yeah like I REALLY needed a new one!  A few months ago I was looking at some items online that I was hoping to get for a spouse club I'm a part of... well their prices were way out of our budget.  So I looked up what I needed, ran to the store (okay I drove) and got the supplies needed.  Now I like metal stamping, so far I've made primarily bracelet cuffs, but I'm hoping to branch out and try some new things soon.


This was a mother/daughter set I made for a friend.  Isn't it precious! <3

***

As I sit here typing this, I'm trying not to cry out in pain.  Why.. oh you know just a small (okay major) case of Carpal Tunnel and Tendinitis in my wrists.  How did this happen.. well I might have made just a "few" cakes and cupcakes over the last couple of months.  What can I say, I love to bake and everyone loves to eat them.  I'll do a few posts of the cakes I've done but for now enjoy this one.. but don't lick your screen!


I've been wanting to make the "ice cream drip cake" for a while.  One day I was bored and had nothing going on so my husband and kids got to be my taste testers!  It's a french vanilla cake, with a confetti buttercream filling and topped with a white chocolate ganache.

***

That's just a few things that have been keeping me occupied!

I created a Facebook page to stay better connected with friends, family, customers and bloggers.  I'd love for you to check it out as well!

But for now I'm going to log off, ice my wrists and watch tonight's episode of America's Got Talent!

xoxo - B

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! Please follow along for more of my daily style!
xoxo - Beth

On Instagram

© Behind My Heels. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.