Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Pumpkin Picking


Nothing like a nice crisp Fall day to take the kids and go pumpkin picking right?!  WRONG!!!!  It was hot and windy and so not Fall like!  I was hoping for a nice nip in the air, some hot cider, a cute blanket scarf for the perfect photo op and we got almost 90 degrees and crazy strong winds!

Ohio weather sure is crazy!


But nothing was going to stop my kids from finding their perfect pumpkin!  My daughter was determined she was going to find the right sized perfectly round pumpkin.  She kept tiptoeing over pumpkins saying nope not the right one.  Nope that's not it. Nope. Nope. Nope! lol  I swear we would still be there if we she had her way!  Now my son, well he was opposite, he wanted the biggest and fattest one he could find.  He'd say yup, that's the one, then 5 seconds later, OH MOM I found a bigger one!


After walking to the back of the field and sweating about 10lbs off, I think we all found the ones that were just right for us.  Hunter found his BIG one, Allison her Pretty Round one, while Jeff and I found ones we were pretty happy with.





All in all the day was hot but memories were made.  We went through a corn maze (and got lost... a lot).  We now have 4 pretty pumpkins and I've got cornstalks and hay bails for my front porch!


Do you decorate your front porch for the Fall?  If so what's your must have item?


Happy Fall Y'all ;)
XO- Beth

15 comments

  1. Nothing like a trip to the pumpkin patch! Cute photos, doll!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Next year, I demand it be a tad bit cooler!

      Delete
  2. I love your front porch! Mine only has mums and wreath, not nearly as cute. We haven't made our way to the pumpkin patch just yet, but we plan on it!

    Brooke
    pumps and push-ups

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Last year we just had the stalks, so I was excited to add the hay bails. I tried to get mums, but all the ones I found were either too small or half dead :/

      Delete
  3. Awww this looks like finally, love the pictures. I need to find a pumpkin picking place here.

    Lippie 💋
    lippie143.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! This is on our to do list every fall and I love it!

      Delete
  4. That looks like so much fun! You makeup looks amazing in the pictures! :)

    www.letmecrossover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe thank you! I've been playing around with more and more looks lately!

      Delete
  5. It was super hot when we went to the pumpkin patch last week too, and I fully regretted the flannel top I wore. Such adorable pictures and memories <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh! I can't even imagine how hot it would've been if I wore a flannel!

      Delete
  6. This looks like so much fun! Thanks for sharing with us!

    xx
    Lauren Elizabeth
    Petite in Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your fall looks so cute! I love decorating mine, I have a covered porch. I wish we had time to make it to the pumpkin patch this year. It seems to be hot most years when we go!!

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun post dear!!
    xx
    Mónica Sors
    MES VOYAGES À PARIS
    NEW POST: MY FASHION MONTH - VLOG + LOOKBOOK

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments! Please follow along for more of my daily style!
xoxo - Beth

On Instagram

© Behind My Heels. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.