Thursday, October 19, 2017

Hello Purple



I did it!  I mean I finally did it!

For years, I've been working up the guts to do purple in my hair.  I've gone blonde, black, red and every shade of brown that you can think of.  About a year ago I was having an emotional evening, (and yes I was totally PMSing) and ran to Target for some Ben & Jerrys and I grabbed a box of burgundy hair dye.  A pint of ice cream and 2 hours later I had beautiful redish/purple hair.  I loved it, but I wasn't comfortable with the looks people gave me.  Hello I had red and purple hair!

(Get my top here)
(When I had shorter burgundy hair)

I went back to being a brunette, and stayed that way.

Then I met a new friend who just moved to the area and happened to be a hairdresser.  Another friend of mine knew her and raved about her skills.  I was due for a trim (I swear I'm like the worst person when it comes to getting my hair trimmed on a regular basis), and decided to call and make an appointment.

The End!

LOL  Just kidding, but seriously if I had it my way, she'd be my hair stylist from here on out.  But being military, that's just not possible.

Anyways, I was telling her I love purple, but I don't have the guts to put it in my hair.  We decided to ease me into it, buy doing another burgundy in my hair.  But this time she did a faded in look, so I'm still a deep dark brown on top and it fades into burgundy.

And. I. Loved. It!

The best part was, my husband was so in love with the look too, he told me to keep it!

(Get my top here)
As with most hair coloring, it starts to fade.  When I mentioned I was going back to have color put back in, my husband was like go purple!

Spoiler Alert: I did!



I just love how in different lighting the color looks different.  In the shade its has a blueish tone, whereas in the light its more a redish tone.

I've never loved a color more than I do with this color.

(Get my green jacket here)
I find it funny that my lipstick matches my hair!

Have any of you tried a new look out and loved it/hated it?

XO- Beth

17 comments

  1. I really, really love this color, too! And, it isn't like Barney purple! It is really pretty. It does look different in light/shade. How fun!

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm still obsessing over it, and plan to go back in once its faded!

      Delete
  2. Oh wow- it is SO gorgeous! Love it for fall!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! She did an amazing job, and it compliments your natural color so well and blends perfectly <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe thank you, makes me wish I would've done this sooner!

      Delete
  4. I LOVE IT!!!! I want to do this so badly to my hair (I wish!!). This color is so bold and fun, and you look just gorgeous in it! Glad you finally did it, girlie!!

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe thanks girl! You could totally pull this off too I bet!

      Delete
  5. This color looks amazing on you! Seriously, you look gorgeous! :)

    www.letmecrossover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look fantastic! really love this color!!
    xx
    Mónica Sors
    MES VOYAGES À PARIS
    NEW POST: MY FASHION MONTH - VLOG + LOOKBOOK

    ReplyDelete
  7. So so gorgeous!!! You should totally keep it!

    Brooke
    pumps and push-ups

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I plan on it too. As soon as it fades I'm going back in!

      Delete
  8. Girl you hair looks super gorgeous...you picked the absolute fab shade

    http://www.vivellefashion.com

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments! Please follow along for more of my daily style!
xoxo - Beth

On Instagram

© Behind My Heels. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.