Thursday, October 12, 2017

Cookies n Cream



Mmmm who doesn't love some Cookies n Cream?

Earlier this month, my husband and I celebrated out 12th Wedding Anniversary.  12 YEARS!  I swear it still feels like we're in our early 20s and going on our first date.  Now we're an "old" married couple.  We finish each other sentences, I drive him crazy with all my hobbies, and he drives me nuts with all her adventures!  But I wouldn't change a thing.

In 12 years we've moved to 4 different states; Idaho, Alaska, Arkansas and now Ohio.  We've welcomed two beautiful, happy and insanely smart children into our family and we've survived 3 military deployments.  None of those were easy.  His first deployment our son was only 5 months old, our 3rd deployment he missed the birth of our daughter.  But if anything it's only made our marriage stronger.


Of course you can't celebrate your anniversary without a cake!!  Or is that just me?  I swear I'll make any excuse to get in my kitchen and bake a cake!  I've seen a cake similar to this on Pinterest and I've been looking for a reason (okay an excuse) to make it.  I had a few other cakes I was baking that weekend for other people and had some left over so figured hey why not!


Since this cake was only going to be just for the four of us, I kept it to a 6 inch cake.  I also tried doing something different and made a marble cake.  Chocolate and Vanilla cake swirled together!  Best of both worlds right?!  For the icing I crumbled up some oreos and layered that inside the cake.  Then I added another layer of simple buttercream on the outside.  Drizzled some chocolate over the top and finished it off with some more oreos.  Let's just say we were all chocolate wasted!



A couple of days before our anniversary a friend of mine posted that she had a stray kitten at her house that her neighbor rescued from nearly being hit by a car.  Unfortunately her neighbor was allergic to cats and my friend just couldn't take in another animal, so she posted her on Facebook looking for a loving home.  We have been looking for a female kitten for a few months now so I should my husband and he told me to go get her!  Since it was the weekend we had to wait until Monday to take her into the vet to ensure she was okay and healthy.  She got a great bill of health, minus having a few belly bugs and that she was only 4 weeks old.


We first named her Channel but after calling her that a few times we realized it didn't suit her.  So we officially renamed her.. wait you'll love this.. Cookie!  Get it.. Cookies n Cream?!?!


I know.... purrrrrfect right?!

All in all we had a perfect weekend spending it with our little family and our newest addition!  We're all still adjusting (our older cat Bella still isn't happy with us) but after 12 years together.. I think my husband and I can handle anything!


Finally the weather has decided to cool off so I can start breaking out my colder weather items.  Sadly the top and cardigan I am wearing are no longer available through my store, but I'm hoping they'll become available again so I can restock them!



Love this necklace?  Stay tuned for a post about it coming soon!


Most of this look is currently out of stock, but feel free to shop other looks at www.eightelevenboutique.com

My kids have tomorrow off from school.. so today is my "Friday" so I'll go ahead and wish y'all a happy weekend!

XO - Beth

12 comments

  1. That cake looks amazing! I loved reading a little bit about you and your husband. Twelve years is a long time, congrats!

    www.letmecrossover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe thank you! I swear it still feels like we're newlyweds!

      Delete
  2. Oh gosh! What a darling kitty! We have 2 cats here and are total cat lovers. That cake looks like it was bought at a bakery, so beautiful! Happy Anniversary! And, I love that cozy fall outfit you're sharing!

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! She's a pistol (and I have the scratches to prove it!)

      Delete
  3. That is so wonderful that you took in a stray kitten. Also congrats on being married for so long! I love seeing those "Mr" and "Mrs" cups, so cute!

    https://styledwithamanda.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe thank you! I may be slightly obsessed with these mugs :D

      Delete
  4. That cake. Wow. It looks soooo good. Happy Anniversary to you guys!!! Love that outfit. Perfect for Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That cake has me drooling, it looks delicious.

    xoxo Falasha
    Bite My Fashion


    Instagram| Bloglovin'| Facebook

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm already looking forward to making another one!

      Delete
  6. Awww beautiful pictures, love! Your cat is so cute and love that white jumper :)
    xx
    http://realgirltalks.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments! Please follow along for more of my daily style!
xoxo - Beth

On Instagram

© Behind My Heels. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.