Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Happy Halloween


One of my favorite days of the year is here.. Halloween!

I mean who doesn't love an excuse to dress as someone else and eat your weight in candy?!  Not to mention the scary movie marathons!  Halloween is definitely one of my favorite Holidays outside of Christmas and my Birthday 😜

The last several days have been jammed packed (which is why I wasn't able to post last Thursday).  Between the boutique, the kids and being locked away in my kitchen it's been madness here.

I spent a good 24 hours baking up a storm in my kitchen.  I had a friend who was organizing/attending a zombie themed party, who asked me to make some gruesome cupcakes.  Of course I couldn't say no!  I made them some "bloody brains & eyeball" cupcakes.



These "bloody brains" are red velvet with a cream cheese frosting.  Then they were drizzled in a bloody cornstarch mix.  I also made 2 dozen grey goose jello shots using syringes so the guest could either insert them into their cupcakes or take the shot on its own.


Now these "Bloody Eyeball" cupcakes were probably my favorite!  They look all pretty with the rose piping but then the gruesomeness is added with the blood and eyeballs.  They're a vanilla cake with a strawberry puree filling topped with a vanilla buttercream.  Again I used my bloody cornstarch to drizzle over a gumball eye.

The day before I started baking these I had the honor of baking an "I Beat Cancer" cake.  Another friend's mother in law just kicked breast cancers butt and they wanted to celebrate.  I was more than willing to squeeze this into my schedule!


This one is a triple layer chocolate cake with a vanilla buttercream.  I tried something new (for me) and used a star tip to do a pink ombre around the side.  I then topped it with a fondant ribbon sprinkled in pink sugar and cut out the words using gumpaste.  Out of all the cakes I've made, this is in my top 10 favorites.

Of course since its Halloween, I have to share my new favorite black shirt.  I just recently got this in my boutique and I'm tempted to order more in other colors.  It's buttery soft, loose fitting and the criss cross neckline is right on trend.  I may have worn it a few times now!  But it looks great tucked in, on its own or layered up.






I was totally having a mom moment here.  My daughter was throwing a fit off camera so of course my husband had to catch me in action!


Shop my outfit at www.eightelevenboutique.com

And as an added Halloween Treat for all my readers/followers... shop my look and the rest of my website for 31% off today only!  Use discount code: ALLHALLOWSEVE at checkout!


XO - Beth

10 comments

  1. Totally craving cake now, you're truly talented with cake decorating! And loving that lace up top, perfect for Halloween today <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cupcakes are so fun and that I Beat Cancer cake turned out lovely, too! I love that black shirt, looks great with those jeans. Have a great Halloween today! :)

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all, you're so talented! Those cupcakes and that cake look amazing and super delicious. Second, I love your style - that outfit looks great on you! :)

    www.letmecrossover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. These cupcakes are SO cute and festive, babe!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these desserts, so good! Red velvet is my favorite.
    xoxo Falasha
    Bite My Fashion


    Instagram| Bloglovin'| Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I’m super impressed with your talents. Craving cupcakes now!

    http://www.vivellefashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look amazing!!! I love those jeans!

    XO Ellen from Ask Away
    www.askawayblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your outfit. You did a beautiful job on that cake and the cupcakes. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look amazing, love the black top! those cupcakes are so cutie!!
    xx
    Mónica Sors
    MES VOYAGES À PARIS
    NEW POST: LA GIRL | COMFY CHIC STYLE

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your style - that outfit looks great on you! :)
    Thank you for sharing

    kicksdealer

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments! Please follow along for more of my daily style!
xoxo - Beth

On Instagram

© Behind My Heels. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.