Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Dressy Meets Distressed

Yesterday was one of those days.  I wanted to wear warm weather clothes, but once again Mother Nature had other plans.  I'm already missing the south like crazy.  My body is used to shorts weather by now, not having to keep the jackets handy.  With that I wanted to be dressy, but at the same time I wanted to just be casual.  So I mixed the two with the dress top and the distressed skinnies.  Then add in the blinged out trucker cap and stilettos and it was a happy mix of dressy meets distressed.

As I stated in my post yesterday (here), I love to mix styles together.  I have a hard time mixing prints/patterns, but I do love to mix styles.  Something classy with something rocker.  Distressed with dressy, boho and edgy.  Whether it's just a piece of jewelry, a handbag, shoes or an article of clothing, I just love to mix and mingle!

What inspires your clothing combinations?

***










3/4 Chiffon Top- Maurices/old 
Purple Cami
Distressed Skinnies- Modern Vintage Boutique
Coach Handbag/old
Colin Stuart Heels/old 
French Twilight Nails- Jamberry Nail Wraps

***

Thank you for stopping by and checking out my blog.  I'd love to read your thoughts so feel free to leave a comment and follow along!
xoxo - Beth

9 comments

  1. You look cute!
    -Hannah
    sweeterthanserenity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! Just discovered your blog and I love the outfit! Especially the distressed jeans & stilletos! They look great on you! Have a great day <3 V.

    http://wall-between-us.blogspot.cz/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the skinnies and the shoes! As for the cold weather? I can't imagine--- it rarely drops below 77*F in Singapore!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And I'm jealous.. I'm craving warmer weather right now.

      Delete
  4. Loving the combo in this look! The dressier top pairs so nicely with your distressed denim!
    www.amemoryofus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think I found a new favorite look!

      Delete
  5. Love a good distressed pair of jeans and these are so cute! Love your top too!

    <3 Shannon
    Upbeatsoles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This outfit is really cute! I am loving the hat!

    Love Always,
    Elizabeth
    thejourneycreatingme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments! Please follow along for more of my daily style!
xoxo - Beth

On Instagram

© Behind My Heels. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.