Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Apple Picking


It's Fall Y'all... well okay not yet, but it's coming!

How is it that I'm in my early 30's and I've never gone Apple Picking before?  Granted I never went Pumpkin Picking until a few years ago either.. but still!

This past weekend a friend suggested that a group of us and our families get together and go to a local farm to pick some apples.  My husband and I have never done that before and we thought the kids would get a huge kick out of it.  Of course this was weather permitting.  The few days leading up to Sunday was non stop cold and rain.  Where's the fun if you're freezing and soaked?!

Thankfully Sunday turned out to be beautiful, a little hotter than we all anticipated, but still perfect.

(Photo credit from Facebook)
We all met up at Monnin's Fruit Farm in Dayton.  Its a cute little mom and pop shop that has a nice mixture of fresh fruit and veggies along with some already prepared baked goods and jams.



Naturally you have to take a selfie .. right?!

Anyways, we all gathered together, passed out bags and buckets, hopped back into our vehicles and made our way to the actual area where we would be doing the picking.

We ended up having about 7 different types of apples to choose, Fuji, McIntosh, Honeycrisp, Johnathan, Winesap and a few more.

I don't know who had more fun.. the adults of the kids!








Of course you can't go Apple Picking and not take a group photo with the apples!

I had mentioned earlier that we were only doing this if the weather as nice right?!  Well yes the weather was perfect, except we all dressed for FALL weather and it decided to go up into the mid 80's!  Guess we didn't plan very well.  But I was excited because I had just received a new shipment of inventory in for the Eight-Eleven Boutique and had to wear one of the new tops!


Hunter Boots (Black Matte)
Necklace - Premier Designs Jewelry
Coach Avaitor Sunglasses

I love this new top, its buttery soft and the suede shoulder and elbow patches are so cute.  Plus its light enough to wear now and when its warmer and to layer it up with vests and jackets.  The jeans have been my go to pair for a while now.  They're long enough on me (and I'm a tall girl at 5'9") but they also have a little stretch and of course some distressing!  Of course I'm still obsessing over my Hunter boots my husband bought me for Christmas last year and you can't go to a farm and not wear boots!


Shop this look now from my website:

Skinnies $36 (hurry only 2 pairs left!)


That's all I've got for now, but check back to see what I do with all these apples!!
XO - Beth

2 comments

  1. I can't wait for fall! Going apple picking is so fun! Loving your outfit!

    Have an awesome day!
    xx Kris

    https://dreamingofpink.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments! Please follow along for more of my daily style!
xoxo - Beth

On Instagram

© Behind My Heels. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.