Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Plaid Meets Tweed









I love this taste of Fall weather we are getting right now.  If I could find a place where it was 70s year round, I'd pack my bags and move there today!  The weather has been so perfect this week that the husband and I decided to do some yard work yesterday.  Well okay, I decided I wanted to trim some of the crazy bushes we have, he came home saw what I was doing and the next thing I know, we're at Lowe's.  My body is now yelling at me telling me I was an idiot of doing yard work, but so far the front yard looks a lot better than it did.

I am totally obsessed with this top.  Several months ago I was at an event where a local boutique (Merchant 31) was at and they had this top there.  Sadly, (for my bank account), they just had way too many cute clothes that I loved.  So this top was put on hold, until recently!  I just love the light weight, the pattern and the fact that I can make it a 3/4 sleeve or have it long.  For today, I opted for the 3/4 sleeve look and tied the "tails" around my waist for a more casual look.

To keep the casual look going, I paired it with these skinny boyfriend Jeans.  I rolled them up to showcase my favorite sandals.  But because I didn't want this outfit to be too casual, I dressed it up using my accessories.  This super cute hip bag is a retired items from the Miche collection (but stay tuned for a future post about this bag..*goofy grin*), and I love the black/white tweed.  It's such a simple little bag, but it really dresses up an outfit.  Of course I can't complete my outfit unless I have my jewelry on and if you've been following me for long, you know I'm a sucker for "arm candy".  I love layering bracelets.  And lastly my favorite little snake ring that I have been pairing with every outfit since I bought it!  (Check here and here for other posts about it and where to buy it!)

Now time to get back to party decorating for my daughter's upcoming 4th birthday party.  Follow me on here or check out my Instagram page for my life behind the scenes!
 Top: Merchant31 (on sale)
Heels: Jessica Simpson (similar)
Accessories: Miche, Lenny & Eva, Chloe & Isabel, Premier Designs, Whispering Prayer, Guess


2 comments

  1. OMG I am in LOVE with this! Thanks for sharing, you've inspired me! xo

    Love,
    Bri
    www.cityfashiongirl.com
    www.youtube.com/briannadeg

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love local boutiques! It's always fun finding a piece that isn't necessarily everywhere. I makes you feel one of a kind. (; Love your cuffed jeans and wedges too!

    Now go home, kick up your sore legs from all that yard work and have some much deserved adult beverages! (;

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments! Please follow along for more of my daily style!
xoxo - Beth

On Instagram

© Behind My Heels. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.