Friday, September 26, 2014

Sassy in Plaid

I normally don't wear outfits like the one I wore yesterday, mainly because I'm a stay at home mom.  Needless to say that doesn't stop me from getting dressed up, but business chic type outfits normally don't come out of my closet.  There are no "mom" meetings (well unless there's a secret society that I'm unaware of!) so owning/wearing business attire is kind of pointless.

But once I saw my favorite local boutique, Bloom, post this dress I had to have this.  One plaid is very in this season, two its black and white (hello!) and third its just so pretty with lots of ways to style this.  I already can't wait to wear this again!  The dress comes with this adorable belt with a cute gold buckle.  I decided since I had a PTO meeting (still can't believe I'm old enough to have a child in school that allows me to join a PTO!) I would add my black blazer to give it a more polished look.  Then to finish off I added my low heel (to me anything until 4 inches is considered low!) suede slouchy boots with my favorite Michael Kors bag.  

I would love to find ways to incorporate more ways to bring business attire into my everyday wardrobe.  I love pencil skirts, blazers and button downs.  Which blazers are amazing to pair with just about anything, but sadly I don't know how to add pencil skirts to my mommy life.  

***











Dress- Bloom (exact)
Blazer- Maurices (similar)
Boots-Victoria Secrets/old
Michael Kors Handbag
Guess Sunglasses
Jewelry by Lia Sophia and Premier Designs

***
Love to read your comments!  Follow along for more of my daily style.
xoxo - Beth

19 comments

  1. Loving the plaid girl! Happy Friday!

    <3, Pamela
    sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ow ow!! You look stunning :) Love this dressed up look on you!

    Tori
    FashionBlingGirlyThings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute dress!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That plaid dress is fabulous and I love how you dressed it up with the heeled boots! So cute!

    <3 Shannon
    Upbeatsoles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm already looking forward to wearing this again!

      Delete
  5. Loving those boots girl!
    -Hannah
    sweeterthanserenity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Elizabeth, i discover your blog and i follow you :-P
    I wait on my blog, if you'll like !!!
    Have a nice day
    Meggy
    IMPOSSIBILE FERMARE I BATTITI //PAGINA FB

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love it...you look great!

    itsjustshalay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute. Hot mom!

    xo, Mary

    Theloveofmary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow, I am loving this outfit !!!! So sexy and cute.

    ~ Lu
    xx
    http://littlestepsbigheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the look! And bag <3

    Wanna follow each other maybe? Let me know :)

    www.blogvivalavida.com

    Greetings from Slovenia!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments! Please follow along for more of my daily style!
xoxo - Beth

On Instagram

© Behind My Heels. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.