Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Lazy Day

Well today's blog will be a little bit all over the place.  I'm still feeling pretty under the weather so getting dressed up has not been my priority.

I spent most of yesterday trying to get a lot done while trying not to fall over and pass out from feeling like death.  Over the weekend much wasn't accomplished and I really needed to get some laundry going.  For some reason everyone seems to think they need clean clothes!  Well the best thing is I was able to get the clothes washed and dried.. putting them away is a whole other story!  On top of that I had to take my daughter to the doctor since she wasn't feeling good either.  Thankfully she lucked out with just a nasty cold.  Whew!



I'm also a key spouse (someone who helps out with all the other spouses) at my husbands work, I had volunteered to do something special for birthday people each month.  This month I decided to make yet another batch of my Reese cupcakes (recipe found here at Somewhat Simple blog).  But to do something a little extra special I made little gift boxes of homemade chocolates for each person who had a birthday this month.  Pumpkin Spice, White Chocolate and Dark Mint.  I hope everyone enjoys them.  And ps I washed my hands about a million times during my baking yesterday to prevent passing any germs on.



Well unfortunately after my busy day, I was starting to feel a lot worse.  My voice was pretty much gone  and I couldn't stop coughing.  I decided I had enough and took my booty to the ER.  After about a 3 hour wait (thank God for my Kindle Fire) I was finally told by the doctor that I'm the lucky winner of not only an Upper Respiratory Infection, but also I won a nice case of Laryngitis.  Seriously could I be any luckier?

With all that fun I had yesterday, I decided today would be a laid back lazy day.  Wrapped up in one of my favorite oversized sweaters and fluzzy socks, I've been downing some tea and curled up with my newest book.

I'm about 90% through Melanie Shawn's Sweet Reunion- Hope Falls Series.  And so far it is so good.  I love a good low key romance book.  Especially on days when I'm feeling down.  One of my favorite things about reading, is it lets me escape my world and go someplace else.

(Click here for link to the book)

Here is a quick synopsis of this book.  Only .99 cents at amazon!


For Amanda Jacobs, dealing with the pain of losing her beloved Dad is the toughest thing she's ever gone through, and it comes with a lot of complications, as well - like taking over the family business, Mountain Ridge Outdoor Adventures. It makes her miss the simplicity of being a teenager, when she was surrounded by her amazing friends, The Fabulous Four, and she was madly in love with her Dad's right hand man, Justin Barnes. His sexy smiles and deep brown eyes had made her heart race in a way she's never felt before or since. When the Fabulous Four unexpectedly show up on her doorstep to support her through this complicated time, things seem to be looking up for Amanda. But that's not the only surprise visit in store for her... 

Justin Barnes left Hope Falls ten years ago, in the dead of night, and didn't think he'd ever set foot there again. That was just fine with him, except for one little complication: Amanda Jacobs. He had fallen in love with her unruly blonde curls and sparkling sapphire eyes, but she had been a teenager then, five years younger than he - too young for him to act on his attraction. Still, he'd missed her every single day of those ten years. When Justin receives a phone call that his former mentor has passed away, he knows he has to return to Hope Falls. Justin just has one question - will the girl that once adored him have grown into a woman that can't stand him? Or will she still be the only thing in the world that feels like home? 



Sorry for the lack of fashion and daily style for today, but I need to take it easy and get better so I can be there more for my husband and kids.  Hopefully in the next day or two I will be back to my normal bubbly self!

***
I love to read your comments and hope you follow along for my of my randomness and daily style.
xoxo - Beth

9 comments

  1. I hope you feel better girl! Those gift boxes are such a cute idea!

    <3 Shannon
    Upbeatsoles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. everybody have a lazy day ;)
    great post
    if you want come to visit my new post here:
    http://honeyandcotton.org/my-outfit-of-the-day-by-kiabi/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I will definitely check out your blog!

      Delete
  3. I hope you feel better soon! Take all the lazy days you need!!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those cupcakes look incredible!! I want one!
    -Hannah
    sweeterthanserenity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Flu season has definitely begun, unfortunately... i myself fought off something last week and I know so many people who have caught a bug in the past few days. Hoping you feel better soon! And i seriously must try to bake these cupcakes, they look amazing!

    xx Hélène
    www.FashionOverReason.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. You really should try these cupcakes.. they are so good!

      Delete

I love to read your comments! Please follow along for more of my daily style!
xoxo - Beth

On Instagram

© Behind My Heels. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.